Everyone loves a morning routine. Coffee. Check your email. Blast the music and dance in your underwear. Skincare. As the years pass it becomes increasingly more important to pay attention to what you are doing and putting on your face. The steps listed below are the bare minimum, but feel free to add whatever bells and whistles tickle your fancy.
1. Cleanse: A gentle cleanser is best. You need to be kind to your skin. There is no need to strip everything from your skin every time you cleanse. You risk over producing oil since your skin thinks it’s dry.
2. Tone: An essential step. Designed to balance the ph of the skin and remove any lasting traces of impurities. Always use a non-alcohol version, the goal here is not to dry out the skin.
3. Treat: Depending on your skin needs there are serums and oils to target everything from dryness to dullness. Unsure what to go with? An antioxidant serum is a great choice.
4. Moisturize: Never skip this step, even if you’re oily. If you have problems with oily skin, a lightweight gel cream will do wonders for you.
5. Protect: Sunscreen, never leave home without it. An SPF of 30 with zinc protection is the powerhouse of all sunscreens and is even great for sensitive skin (Bonus: It’s a dream team when paired with antioxidant serum).