Shoes. We wear them every day. The shoe collection can be a slippery slope for even the most die hard minimalists because there are so many options. For those of you trying to do the most with the least the six shoes I’ve selected below in neutral colors will maximize your wearability. If you choose to get colorful… well… you may end up with more than six…
- Boots/booties: I find knee high boots to fit my lifestyle best and they go with everything in my closet. However a bootie is a great option as well and looks much better with tights and party dress. Black is best for both casual and dressy options, brown is better for casual. If you are daring a nude bootie can be quite versatile.
- Classic Black Pumps: What list would be complete without one? I find that playing with texture in this shoe elevates it from basic to interesting without calling too much attention to it. And it helps hide scuffs. You can’t go wrong with a quality croc print.
- Nude pumps/sandals: I personally feel the closed toe nude pump is a bit strange. Like mannequin feet. A good peep toe is a nice option if you feel the need for a fuller coverage shoe. My preference is a strappy sandal version. I want the most amount of foot showing. I am loving the minimalism sandal trend right now, however my toes can’t stand the feel of the singular strap
- Wedges: I love them so. Equal parts dressy and casual at the same time. How many shoes can say that? A nude color ensures it will work with everything in your wardrobe and make it seem like you have legs for days even if you don’t.
- Flats: Ballet flats, moccasins, smoking slippers. The list goes on. If you are feeling bold a nice dose of color can be added here. Pick something you can wear all day and goes with everything in your closet.
- Sandals: These are going to be your summer workhorse, so find something you can walk around site seeing or trekking through the beach. I prefer a neutral color like nude/black/brown to work with the most amount of clothing options, but if your wardrobe is fairly neutral this could also be a place to have fun with color (if you’re into that sort of thing)